BENQ LCD TV print ad


This is an interesting ad for discussion. When I first looked at it, I scratched my head. This is a pretty racist ad. Black background, black dog, black man. Then I tried to analyse it by asking myself what the key message is. Images of BENQ TV is of high clarity. Why ? They have the so called Human Vision Technology of Seneye. What is the creative idea ? A problem-solution approach. Everything is there and supposedly this should be an on-brief ad. But how do we do this better ? I think this ad runs into a RELEVANCE issue. The key visual is a "made-up" image of poor clarity, which we can't really relate it to the problem with a low quality TV. Maybe we can use a more real-life, familar demonstration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PUMA Agitation watch

Giordano's frog

Benefiber ad