軟硬 EPS TVC


When I first saw this TVC, I thought it was another McDonald's TVC. That's the problem of using celebrities. In the previous campaign of McDonald's, 軟硬 was so strongly associated with the brand and it seems McDonald's has "owned" them. When they appear in the ad of another brand, consumers may mistaken. Coming back to this particular TVC of EPS, it may be me who is dumb as I didn't know what they are arguing about at the beginning as they are playing with some Japanese-like language. In fact, I needed to replay the ad to find out they are arguing about 「買嘢先」or 「扌禁機先」. If you don't catch what they are talking about by paying attention, it can be another 無喱頭 TVC to you !

Comments

Ppeople said…
My feeling is more or less same as yours the first time when I saw it.
However it drew my attention to wait and see what it was. To a certain extend, I appriciate the execution while 「買嘢先」or 「扌禁機先」may not be so controversial a point to argue about.
So it appears to me a bit off topic.
Benefit of the new service had not been made valuable by the Ad.
I forgot the availability of 「扌禁機先」service the next second after seeing the Ad.
Louis Lau said…
I also wonder how many people would use these new services at convenience stores. We are used to paying by Octopus at convenience stores given purchases are small. As for withdrawing money by EPS, this is not new as you can do that at supermarkets for a long time. I don't see many people use such service.
Anonymous said…
Regarding the celebrity, how do you think the cooperation between 詹端文 and HSBC?
Louis Lau said…
When you asked me, I guess you must have some thoughts. What do you think ? Let's share.
Anonymous said…
haha, I like the TV ad. The operation between 詹端文 and HSBC is fresh idea even though 詹端文 has already coperated with 必理痛. I guess it may due to the positive image of 詹端文(Good father, Good Husband, Great Actor) and his popularity. And he has a new movie lanuched recently, I guess it may have a promotion effect towards the broadcast of the TV ad.Also, the little girl is so cute, I don't know whether she is his daughter. I really want to post the ad in my xanga but I can't find it, Could you?
Louis Lau said…
YouTube, Yahoo ... I also tried to search but in vein. The ad is good but I'm not too for image advertising somehow. Let me share with you some time in my post. Stay tuned.

Popular posts from this blog

PUMA Agitation watch

Giordano's frog

Benefiber ad