3 brand colour

There is one basic principle in brand management : a brand should own its brand colour(s) in order to maintain a strong identity. In telecommunications, One2Free is black and yellow (same as 1010), PCCW is dark blue and Smartone Vodafone is red. If you ask me as a consumer what the brand colour of 3 is, I will say I don't know. When the 3 brand was launched, I already noticed that its logo could be in a variety of colours in a random kind of a pattern (you may take a look at its website. The colour of its logo keeps on changing by animation). Another principle of brand colour is to own colours that are different from your competitors. I just came across this sign in Causeway Bay. It is in black and yellow. It is quite eye-catching but will consumers be confused that it is from 1010 or One2Free ? Is this ignorance or negligence ?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PUMA Agitation watch

Giordano's frog

Benefiber ad