變靚D reality show

Will cosmetic surgery become a trend, like slimming ? I talked about it in my post in March, saying it could be a marketing casestudy. After all I'm not a fortune teller but just an observer. It seems that 變靚D is trying to get the heat up by sponsoring a "reality show" that I watched last night. Throughout the program, it is trying to brainwash us that after all the pains and frustration, cosmetic surgery is worth it. I heard that the program has been complained by many viewers. Again, I'm not here to judge whether cosmetic surgery is right or wrong, in moral or ethical sense. But the fact is TVB and 變靚D are partnering up to brainwash consumers an one-sided message about cosmetic surgery. In the past the media used to play a scrutiny role in different social issues and trends. Consumers can then judge by themselves from the positive and negative sides of an issue. Now that such role is gone due to commercial reasons. Will TVB's other news program like 星期二檔案 or 新聞透視 investigate the cosmetic surgery trend ? I hope so but I doubt it. Consumers are more vulnerable to "manipulation" nowadays. Sigh.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PUMA Agitation watch

Giordano's frog

Benefiber ad