Lenscrafters

I remember I talked about Lenscrafters' acquisition of The Optical Shop before. I have checked my previous posts and it was one and a half years ago. At that time, I was wondering they were keeping the Chinese name, 高登眼鏡. Maybe such transition had been planned. In the whole acquisition, Lenscrafters had bought the infrastructure of The Optical Shop per se, not the brand name. If the positionings of Lenscrafters ad The Optical Shop are different, I guess I would skip this re-branding exercise. I would buy the infrastructure and launch the new brand, Lenscrafters, straightaway. Re-branding is usually considered a safer route but we can't avoid leaving an image baggage of the old brand in the minds of the consumers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PUMA Agitation watch

Giordano's frog

Benefiber ad