Park'n Shop TVC


You just won't appreciate what is happening in this TVC if you are not a Cable TV viewer. The story is associated with the TV show 一粒鐘真人蘇 on Cable TV. In this show, 蘇絲黃 goes to audience's homes to try their home cooking. Funny that this ad is aired on TVB. If you pay attention, you would easily find this ad trying to appeal to the price-conscious, less affluent consumers : the old flat, the private label products in the cupboards and HK$30 per meal for the whole family. I wonder how many of them can afford Cable TV in their homes. It costs HK$200+ to subscribe to Cable TV a month. That costs the same as almost a week of food for the whole family ! Do they have Cable TV ? High chance that the story is not too relevant to this group of consumers. I just don't really understand why Park'n Shop tries to appeal to this group of consumers. With all the rental and staff costs on the rise, shouldn't it trade up to get more businesses from the more affluent consumers ?

Comments

Phoebe said…
I think it's hard to say that Ah So is less familiar to those less affluent consumers. In my case, I didn't subscribe to Cable TV a month, I still could watch 新姿台, 有線娛樂台, 鳳凰台 and so on. Definitely, it's because our property association join some kinds of plans to subscribe all those channels. To me, I didn't need to pay more while enjoying this extra channel since 2006. On top of this, audiences could download 一粒鐘真人蘇 from forum(although it is illegal). Therefore, with internet popularity and technology, now, it's harder to say people couldn't watch 一粒鐘真人蘇 by the fact of non-Cable TV subscribers.

Instead, I feel puzzle of featuring Ah So assoicated with ParknShop private label products which are highly exposed in the TVC adv.

I think the use of Ah So is strange as she is a character actor or presenter in radio or in Cable TV . It is too impressive that Ah So tries all means to find "real" delicious food around HK and introduce to us. This image is very strong. However, ParknShop private brand quality always being found with poor quality and failure in passing quality standard checking by the Consumer Council. Could Ah So transfer credibility to ParknShop? I really doubt it!

For me, this adv is not convincing at all. Instead, this celebrity endorsement raise my hesitation again on ParknShop quality issue. In short, Ah So and ParknShop quality are extremely opposite. Could this link or associated together?

Popular posts from this blog

PUMA Agitation watch

Giordano's frog

Benefiber ad