SmarTone vs PCCW

In my previous post, I said I doubted why SmarTone would get into the stagnant fixed line phone market. Saw the above comparative ad that is trying to get head-on with PCCW. Smartone is a new entrant into the fixed line market and I can understand why it uses this ad trying to saying to consumers "I'm better than the leader". What has puzzled me is that why PCCW has reacted with a comparative ad below so similar to that of SmartTone. First, they look the same and are confusing consumers. Second, PCCW shouldn't have reacted like a small guy as it is the leader. Leaders advertise leadership rather than trivializing the message as what the challenger says. Finally, should it react with advertising in the first place ? Would PR be a better tool ? Like taking the initiatives to provide comparative information to the press and let them do the comparisons. Well, if you are really confident that your service is really better...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PUMA Agitation watch

Giordano's frog

Benefiber ad