Manhattan card copies

Just received my new Manhattan card. You must check out the Chinese instructions (by clicking the image for a larger view). I though banks always use proper writing in customer communications. But to my surprise, Manhattan uses Cantonese writing in this one. I can guess it is trying to use the more approachable language to speak with its younger cardholders. The trouble is whether all its cardholders can understand this kind of Cantonese writing. I bet there are non-Cantonese speaking cardholders, like Taiwanese and people from Mainland China, who would not be able to tell what it is talking about ...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Funny!

It is seemingly a trend that sizable organizations are making attempt to increase friendliness with customers.

Popular posts from this blog

PUMA Agitation watch

Giordano's frog

Benefiber ad