Cadbury TVC


Been busy with packed teaching schedule and missing the new ads on TV. Students told me there is a very funny TVC from Cadbury and asked me about it. Like the Heineken ad, it's enjoyable admittedly but it fails to connect with the brand, what it stands for or it wants to stand for. Ask this what if question. What if the same ad is used on another competitive brand ? Is it the same ? If the answer is positive, you would know it may not be a good ad for the brand in a marketing point of view. As far as I know, this ad is a Cannes winner. I can only say creative ads may not be ads that sell.

Comments

Unknown said…
hi Louis,

I randomly pass by your blog (from my friend's fb link) and I really like to read those entries talking about ads and marketing. I've bookmarked this site and I will definitely come back later~
Louis Lau said…
Oh thanks. Stay tuned and share your thoughts.
Cindy Chu said…
Hi Louis,

Just accidentally find your blog during some search, and really enjoy reading it :)

The Cadbury's ad is fun enough to remind us about snack and chocolate, but not enough to make us recall its brand during chocolate shopping :p
Louis Lau said…
Thanks. Hope to share some more thoughts with you too.
christine said…
absolutely agree with you Mr Lau.
the ad is funny and creative enough but it will not generate brand recall. 'Happiness sharing' is their tagline at the end, but does it relate to the story? Even so, i still think 'happiness sharing' is not outstanding at all. there are lots of chocolate selling this in the market.

Popular posts from this blog

PUMA Agitation watch

Giordano's frog

Benefiber ad