鴻福堂 TVC


One of our readers has asked about the latest 鴻福堂「幾乎有阿媽咁好」TVC. Lucky that I was able to locate it on YouTube. I think it's an ad trying to be creative for creative sake. Yes all of us would agree that 阿媽好煩, 但都係為我哋好, 周不時煲嘢比我哋飲 but what does that have to do with 鴻福堂 herbal drinks ? It seems something about the products are missing to make the「幾乎有阿媽咁好」claim convincing. Moreover, I wonder who this TVC is targeting at. In terms of execution, it looks like targeting at the youngsters but most young people live with their families. So is it asking them not to drink 阿媽煲D嘢 and drink 鴻福堂 ? I'm confused.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think the creative behide had assumed viewers knew the product well as it was established for long as a [Leung Cha]- Chinese Herbal Tea.
Well the story is in fact not new to any of us, I guess.

What I found is the execution does make me feel the brand is a bit below the level of its competitors.

Can it point the target to the youngsters with this presentation?

I love the Coca Cola Ad featuring a home rapper re-mixing mother's voice which was done much cleaner and clearer.
Can this Hung Fok Tong Ad do the job?
Louis Lau said…
Positioning, objective, target audience, key message, support, tone & manner, creative idea and then execution. I just can't see the logical links amongst all these important elements. This looks a combination of poor strategy and execution.
Unknown said…
Hi,Louis,

As 7.1 is coming, do you think some brands will leverage on 'the 10th anniversary" or even make use "Panda" as adv theme or main product character? Could you comment some of them, if exist, in your comming blogs?

I remember you compared a lot adv leveraging on " World Cup" last summer. I learned a lot from your words by comparing advs with differnt creative ideas, objectives and execution styles on a similar theme. I am look forward your "encore" this year!
Louis Lau said…
Sure. I also want to do that. But strangely enough, I don't see too many like during the hype of the World Cup. Have you seen any interesting ones ? Is it people don't want to "shoe-shine" ? Because it carries some political meaning ?
Anonymous said…
I think if the slogan change to " 迫得住阿媽”will be better, haha~~

Popular posts from this blog

PUMA Agitation watch

Giordano's frog

Benefiber ad