Gillette Fusion

I'm a user of this kind of disposable razor. Old school but I do feel it gives me a better shave than electric shaver. As a user, I'm used to paying attention to what's new about it. And like many consumers, I will consider upgrading my razor every time there is a new launch. Mach 3, M3Power, Sensor with double-blades, triple-blades, vibration and so on. When I saw the TVC for this Gillette Fusion, I laughed. 5+1 blades, 6 blades in total, what's next ??? Gillette is a business unit of P&G which stresses on new products replacing the old. Will this strategy work forever for disposable razors ? Ideas are getting exhausted and consumer benefits are getting marginalized and trivialized with new products. Can it keep on saying it is the best shaving device you can get every time a new razor is launched ? Below is a history of its razor. I really wonder what will be next.

Double-blade razor (Trac II, 1971)
Disposable double-blade razor (Good News!, 1971)
Razor with a pivot point (Atra, 1977)
Razor with a lubricating strip (Atra Plus, 1985)
Razor with spring-loaded blades (Sensor, 1990)
Razor with microfins (Sensor Excel, 1995)
Razor with three blades (Mach3, 1998)
Razor with battery power (M3Power, 2004)
Razor with five blades (Fusion, 2006)
Razor with rear trim blade (Fusion, 2006)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PUMA Agitation watch

Giordano's frog

Benefiber ad