Netvigator Pocket WiFi



WiFi everywhere, does it sounds like an interesting service ? It can connect up to 5 WiFi devices too. At the beginning, I was confused between this Pocket WiFi and the hotspot WiFi PCCW has been advertising about before. Have checked it out from the website. It seems the pocket Wifi thingy is like a wireless router that connects to the 3G or HSPA wireless network for sharing. This service is not too cheap. For unlimited usage, it costs you HK$328 a month with 24-month contract. I just wonder who will use this service and if you pay attention to the details, the highest connection speed is 7.2Mbps, to be shared with 5 devices. The actual speed also depends on the environment and network stability. So you can imagine the speed when it's really shared by 5 people.


Comments

Thirsty_lizard said…
I have a trial at one of the PCCW shops. I wish to use the pocket wifi to connect to my iphone 3G so that I can use Skype. Skype on iphone requires wifi access and not 3G signal. However, after connect to the pocket wifi, I cannot login to Skype. Connecting to normal PCCW hotspot wifi had not problem through. Not sure PCCW purposely block the service to protect their voice busincess. Interested to find out whether other people has similar experience.

Popular posts from this blog

PUMA Agitation watch

Giordano's frog

Benefiber ad